Renewing Your Drivers License
Online driver license status check:
Click here to use driver license status to determine if your license is currently valid or invalid.
Telephone Renewal and Address Change
- Renew your License, renew your vehicle registration and Change your address via touch tone phone!
- You can save time! You don’t have to wait in line or wait on a mail-in change of address. Services are available seven days a week, 24 hours a day!
- Dial 1-866-GoRenew (467-3639) from a touch-tone phone. TTY/TDD users dial 711 to call 1-866-467-3639.
- Follow the verbal instructions.
- Select payment option. You may charge to your Visa, Mastercard or American Express Card. The fee for the address change is $10, plus a $2.90 convenience fee. Allow up to two weeks for processing plus mail time.
- Calling the 1-866 service means your information is downloaded to our computers that night. The system automatically generates a change of address sticker to be placed on the back of your current driver license.
- If you have a digitized license issued after July 1, 1997, you will receive a new license in the mail, with corrected address rather than a sticker.
- To be eligible for this service, the department will send you a notice in the mail with complete renewal instructions, including an authorization code. You may charge to your Visa, MasterCard or American Express Card. The charge will be a $2.90 processing fee plus the applicable renewal fees:
- $15 for license renewal
- $5 if you have a motorcycle endorsement
- $1 late fee if renewed after your birthdate.