Injunction for Protection
How to file for an injunction for protection
If you are a victim of domestic violence you may obtain assistance in
filing for an injunction at the office of the Clerk of the Circuit
Court in the Clearwater or St. Petersburg location:
545 1st. Avenue North
St. Petersburg, FL
315 Court Street
You must appear in person, weekdays. 8:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
The following guidelines will assist you and the deputy clerk in preparing the necessary paperwork.
Request assistance as early in the day as possible, preferably before noon, to allow sufficient time for the court to receive your paperwork and for the Sheriff to process the court order.
Bring the following items:
- Police Report or Referral Card furnished to you by the law enforcement officer.
- Driver’s License or other I.D. which has your picture and signature.
- Specific Dates of abuse or threats of abuse.
- Specific Locations where abuse or threats occurred.
- Mailing address of a friend, relative if you do not wish the respondent to know your current location.
Filing Fees: The current fee is $0.00 for a domestic violence injunction and $175.00 for the repeat violence or dating violence injunction.
- Full legal name of the accused abuser.
- Physical description including height, weight, scars, tattoos, etc.
- Name and address of accused abuser’s employer and hours open for business.
AFTER HOURS AND ON WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS, CALL THE CLERK’S ABUSE HOTLINE AT 464-HURT (464-4878)
*INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE PINELLAS COUNTY CLERK OF THE CIRCUIT COURT